More than 25 years ago, the Church of Christ Thailand, through the hard work of two amazing Christian sisters, Kru Dow and Kru Duen, established a day care center on what was then a rubbish tip in the areas of Loks 4, 5, and 6 of the largest slum in Bangkok. The day care center then developed into a Christian Montessori pre-school and currently houses programs that serve the 4000 people officially registered in the program and the many more who call this area home:
- Preschool for three to seven year-olds;
- Youth group for eight to 15 year-olds;
- Daily soccer program for six to 18 year-olds;
- Fair-trade based handicraft projects which employ 20 women full time selling and exporting goods made in the slum;
- Coffee Shop set-up by the women from the profits of their handicrafts to train unemployed youth;
- Medical programs and training; and
- Family support programs.